Eiffel Comes to PS 92
December 1, 2000
Working With E-Books
The fifth session of the Technology and Literacy Workshop
will be devoted to an investigation into "e-books" as a strategy
for promoting literacy in elementary students.
1. An introduction to the concept of e-books... student-created
books with image, text and audio features.
2. Creating an e-book story using a commercial software
- "A Day in the Life of..." (Marie)
- "A Story with Numbers" (Gerald)
- A Staff Development Strategy (Aline)
Participants should come to the workshop with an idea
to develop into a five to ten page story. We'll select one of the products
from our CD Rom e-book library to use and create individual e-books.
We'll conclude with a short discussion about how to effectively integrate
the e-book concept into classroom practice.
Click here to
get started with a Tutorial