EIFFEL WORKSHOP AGENDA:
March 15, 2001
We'll take some time to recall the PowerPoint lesson strategies that emerged following our
last meeting and
respond to any questions or issues that have been raised in the time since
we last met.
Next, we'll take a look at two popular commercial software programs and model
a classroom teaching strategy: The Navigator Model
Tasks and Process
4:00: Log on to the Eiffel
Website and locate our agenda.
- Instructional overview of Navigator Model teaching strategy
- Divide into two groups
- Each group member will receive instruction in how to use one of two
- They in turn will become navigators for that software and will become
trainers for the other participants
- Session I : An investigation into Book Workshop (40 Minutes)
- Navigator leads the driver in a demonstration of the software program
- The Navigator and Driver work together to create an E-Book using the
- Session II : An investigation into Tabletop and Tabletop,
Jr. (40 Minutes)
- Repeat the Process described above
- The Navigator and Driver work together on a project involving the tools
5:45: Reflection and Evaluation:
How is it going?
Do you have a firm project idea yet?