to Develop Projects:
April 25, 2001
Welcome and Reconnecting
- Reminder of Workshop Goals
- Housekeeping: Sign up sheets
- Overview of Today's Objectives
- Work on Projects
- Reporting out of individual progress on
Getting to Work!
4:00 - 5:00 pm
The first hour of today's
session will be devoted to individual project development.
- By now, all of you have begun work on your individual projects. Where required,
we have set you up with work stations prepared for your specific needs,
based on your proposals.
If you are still feeling stuck, you should spend some time with one
or more of the facilitators and let us assist you in getting you "unstuck".
Please make every effort to complete or update your project proposal
as necessary so that we can make sure you have all the software you'll need for the
next stage of the project's development. A proposal in some form should
have been completed in time for this workshop.
5:00 - 6:00 pm
The last sixty minutes of today's session will
be devoted to individual progress reports on the developing projects.
We'll use the "Consultancy" process to organize the
presentations and feedback. Remember, this is an opportunity for the
project creators to get collegial feedback and support for their
We will limit each presenter to 10 minutes. As you
consider your presentation, you may wish to take into consideration some
of the following framing suggestions:
- Short description of goals of project and the
- Short discussion of pro's and con's of your
experience in developing and implementing project
- Brief overview of student work resulting from
implementation of project
- Request for feedback on particular issues or
hurdles you confronted in implementing project
- Brief discussion of "lessons learned"
from the overall experience
During the month of April we'll
continue to develop, fine-tune, present, and where feasible, test the project in
the classroom. We'd like to think of our small workshop group as "professional
friends"- supportive folks willing and ready to assist as consultants
in resolving issues as they arise.